- Remove any makeup, oil or cream from the application area.
- Using lash + lid by Lash Up Pro cleanse the brow area, followed by the brow scrub. This will ensure dead skin cells are removed and the hair follicles are open to allow better color penetration.
- Wash away cleanser and scrub
Preparing the Henna Mixture
- In a bowl, mix a small amount of henna powder with 3-5 drops of lukewarm distilled water.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to make a smooth soy sauce like consistency.
Applying the Henna
- Start by outlining the brow area with the brow paste, this will ensure the henna does not bleed and stain an area of the brow not intended.
- Apply a thin, even layer of the mixture to the brow area using the brow brush. If you’re trying to create an ombre effect, apply less product to the head of the brow and or simply avoid application to the head of the brow initially, let the arch and tail section of the brow saturate first, followed by the head of the brow. You may need to apply in both directions or by lifting up the brow hairs if the eyebrows are thick to ensure the mixture is fully on the skin underneath the hair. Ensure the design on both eyebrows is symmetrical and defined.
- Depending on the look you’re trying to achieve, leave henna on for 3-5 minutes. For more definition and even results apply the henna in several layers. Before applying a new layer, ensure the previous layer is completely dry by waiting 3-5 minutes.
Tip: Rose water stabilizes hair’s PH balance, aids in repairing hairs damaged porosity and acts as an anti-inflammatory. Rose water has also been shown to prolong the results of henna application. Instead of mixing the henna with distilled water, substitute for rose water.
- We recommend completing a skin sensitivity test 24 to 48 hours prior to treatment
- Use only freshly prepared henna mixture for treatment
- Do not use henna on irritated damaged skin or those who’ve previously reacted to henna products.
- It is not recommended to keep the applied mixture on the designated area for more than 1 hour.
- Do not use henna on eyelashes
- Avoid contact with eyes and clothes
- Store henna products in cool, dry setting
- Keep out of reach of children and animals
- If an allergy occurs remove product immediately and advise client to seek medical attention if required.